1000+ Official Recipes
for Instant Pot and Instant family appliances
Explore our official recipes for Instant Pot and Instant family of appliances to find your next favorite meal.
Cilantro-Coconut Shrimp and Broccoli
I got the idea for this dish from a Food & Wine magazine recipe, though the original recipe felt confusing and unnecessarily complicated. I kept the flavors, but streamlined the cooking process, and added noodles to make it a complete meal. It’s important to use the right size shrimp and keep them cold right until they are cooked so they don’t overcook.
|Prep Time||12 minutes|
|Cook Time||8 minutes|
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro
- 1 jalapeno seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 scallion green part only, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Water
- 4 ounces Chinese wheat noodles I use KA-ME brand, or
4 oz( 1 package) ramen noodles
- 10 ounces peeled shrimp refrigerated (about
- 6 - 8 oz broccoli florets
- In a blender jar, add the coconut milk, cilantro, jalapeño, scallion, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth. (Or place these ingredients in a deep, narrow container and use an immersion blender to purée.)
- Pour the sauce into the inner pot and add the water. Select Sauté and adjust to High heat. Bring just to a simmer, then turn the Instant Pot off.
- Break up the noodles into 3 or 4 pieces and place them in the pot in a single layer as much as possible. Layer the shrimp and broccoli over the noodles.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to Low and the time to 0 minutes. After cooking, quick release the pressure.Unlock the lid. Gently stir the mixture until the broccoli and shrimp are coated with sauce. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
- Unlock the lid. Gently stir the mixture until the broccoli and shrimp are coated with sauce. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Make It Gluten-Free: Leave the noodles out and reduce the water to 1/4 cup. Serve over Basic White or Brown Rice (page 163).
Lux Modification: In Step 2, bring the sauce to a full boil and then follow the rest of the directions as written
Fat: 51 g;
Carbohydrates: 59 g;
Fiber: 8 g;
Protein: 46 g;
Sodium: 852 m