1000+ Official Recipes
for Instant Pot and Instant family appliances
Explore our official recipes for Instant Pot and Instant family of appliances to find your next favorite meal.
Bok Choy Soup (Kashmiri Haak)
This simple yet delicious recipe for Easy Bok Choy Soup (Kashmiri Haak) features mainly 3 ingredients. Bok Choy, Asafoetida, and serrano peppers. This can be prepared fairly quick and tastes simply delish.
|Prep Time||2 Minutes|
|Cook Time||7 Minutes|
- 1 bunch bok choy (2.9 pounds) (6 cups of leaves packed)
- 4 tbsp mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground asafoetida
- 2 1/4 cups Water
- 11/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (optional, helps retain green color)
- 3 medium size serrano peppers
- 1/4 tsp kashmiri tikki masala spices (optional)
- Using a sharp knife trim the thick bok choy stem. Discard the bottom. Keep the leaves and about
1/2 to 1 inchof the stem.
- Pull off and discard any outside leaves that are discolored. Chop each leaf coarsely to large
6 to 7 inchpieces each either using a knife or a scissor.
- Swish the leaves around in large bowl full of cold water. Gently rub the leaves together to remove any dirt. Drain the water from the bok choy using a colander and set aside.
- Slit the serrano peppers, but keep them intact. Select Sauté on the instant pot and adjust to normal.
- Add oil to the pot. Add in asafoetida. Also, add water immediately. Once the water starts boiling add in salt, baking soda and serrano peppers. Stir well.
- Add the Bok Choy slowly. The Bok Choy needs to be added in batches and stirred and submerged in the hot water. This enables the Bok Choy to maintain its green color. When all the leaves are in the water, press Cancel immediately.
- Close the lid and and Select Manual/High Pressure for 3 Minutes. When done quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and add a pinch of kashmiri tikki masala (optional). Stir well. It needs to be a little soupy. Finally, transfer into a serving bowl right away. Serve hot over steamed rice or enjoy as is.